Every production process has a single starting point, the confrontation with the customer.
The advice that our technicians and sales staff give to those who make their products with leather produced by us is fundamental.
For us the goal to be achieved is the success of our customers and therefore we concentrate on listening to their needs and we make products with the most suitable specifications to meet the required production standards.
We pay a lot of attention by recommending the most suitable products both when it comes to leather lines specifically designed for certain productions and when it comes to selling lines of leather already produced that we have in our catalog and that we provide for the most various applications such as:
- Leather for furniture and chairs, couches and armchairs
- Leather for upholstery and special applications
- Leather for the production of generical leather goods
- Leather for the production of bags, suitcases and travel items
- Leather for fashion items and sportswear
- Leather for the production of chairs, seats, couches and armchairs for the transport sector such as upholstery for airplanes, trains, leather furnishings for yachts, passenger ships and special seats for transports in general.
Every need finds a precise and effective answer thanks to the technicians and sales managers who supply all over the world the best Italian leathers signed by Leonica.
Request now a consultation from one of our experts to get the leather suitable for your productions.
Typical production process, watch our video:
Typical phases of leather processing in the tannery:
- Soaking (the hides are washed and impurities and possible creases due to storage or transport are eliminated)
- Samming (phase of water elimination and skin staking)
- Splitting (phase of separation of the grain from the flesh)
- Shaving (phase in which the surface of the leather is made of uniform thickness)
- Trimming (process of cut, selection and separation of the leather by quality)
- Dyeing (phase in which the leather is given color, softness and makes it lasting)
- Drying (removal of the water used in the previous phases)
- Chain (the skins are hung in order to bring them to room temperature and let them relax)
- Staking (leather softening phase obtained through a special facility)
- Buffing (suede splits and nubuck are subjected to this abrasive treatment)
- Milling (leather softening phase with humidity-controlled drums that soften the skins shaking them by turning)
- Finishing (treatment that provides the skin with the shine, the appearance and the desired colour)
- Pressing / Ironing (tone and shine are fixed on the skins)
- Trimming (during this phase the outlines are trimmed to make the finished leathers more regular)
- Test (in the laboratory are performed the tests required by international regulations and the correspondence to customer requests is verified)
- Selection and measurement ( in this phase there is a further verification and selection to check the quality, thickness and general characteristics of the leather produced)
- Storage or shipping