Leonica Genuine Leather for public spaces and mass transport vehicles, has always an invisible protective coating barrier with excellent performance against cleaning and sanitizing products. Now we take a step further in the battle against bacteria offering an OPT antimicrobial treatment with Leonica Genuine LeatherⓈ
In collaboration with SANITIZED AG, a Swiss company specialized since 1935 in antibacterial and antimicrobial treatments, we have developed a treatment for our genuine leather for public spaces, transport, home furniture and leatherware.
The Sanitized® additives are integrated in the leather during the manufacturing process.
The antimicrobial active ingredients of Sanitized® effectively prevents the spread of bacteria and provides long-lasting protection for the leather.
The inherent antimicrobial protection, a silver ions-based agent, prevents the growth of both gram- positive and gram-negative bacteria. Since silver ions do not readily evaporate nor dissolve the efficacy will be long-lasting. Sanitized® T 11-15 acts on the bacterial cell membrane, which inhibits function of the microorganism and blocks the respiration and vital food intake of bacteria.
Antiviral activity on Leonica Genuine LeatherⓈ has been tested by an independent laboratory in the U.S.A. in accordance with standard:
ISO 21702:2019 (antiviral activity on non- porous surfaces, including natural leathers) and showed a reduction higher than 90% after 2 hours of contact time when tested against the Human Coronavirus 229E and Influenza A virus (H1N1).
Image: SARS-CoV-2 | CDC / Alissa Eckert, MS; Dan Higgins, MAM, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Sanitized® T 11-15 is in compliance with the requirements of the
- BPR: Regulation (EU) No 528/2012 (the Biocidal Products Regulation)
- Reach: Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH).
- SVHC: It does not contain any substances of very high concern (SVHC) according to REACH Annex XVI.
- Sanitized® T 11-15 is registered with the EPA: U.S. Environmental
- Protection Agency as Sanitized® Brand T 11-15.
- Sanitized® T 11-15 is dermatologically tested. Ready treated articles have outstanding skin tolerance.
- The active substance of Sanitized® T 11-15 is not considered and not classified as mutagenic, carcinogenic or genotoxic.
- Sanitized® T 11-15 is not based on nanotechnology and does not contain nano-particles as defined in the EU recommendation 2011/696/EU.
These features are only the highlight of the new product line, which includes full grain leathers for the exclusive segment of First, BC and PEY class.
The finish has been newly engineered to withstand aggressive agents and guarantee an easy cleaning and disinfecting routine, often performed even if not necessary.
We guarantee excellent values for tear, wear, rub and colour fastness; all fundamental features for a long-lasting and trouble-free upholstery material. The R&D program was completed with a long-term testing on cleaning and disinfectant resistance and Airworthiness compliance performed after a simulated one-year cleaning routine.
The leather produced by Leonica is genuine, natural and sustainable. The tannery invests large resources to fulfil its environmental duties and uses energy from renewable and self-generated sources.
Download full PDF version